As many fans of NARS cosmetics, I was so excited to hear that they’re planning to launch a new foundation with more black shades. I used to use the NARS all luminous day weightless foundation, which was amazing for me. I like having a glow shade and this foundation made my face luminous with full coverage, enough for keeping me at a good look. Covering my face is primary. My biggest concerns are the 2 tones on my face especially in the winter with my delicate childhood scars and my dark circles (dad’s legacy). When I was younger, my skin was very dry and now it’s still dry but tending to a combination skin noticed after my pregnancies. On February, I did my transition from the NARS luminous all-day weightless foundation to the new NARS Natural Radiant Longwear foundation. It took me one full month to make that decision. Why? Even using a sample of the new one with my NARS shade that is MACAO: I was not 100% in love the day I decided to buy it. There are a bunch of darker shades, which make me confused. I bought the next shade darker: MARQUISE. Which I thought matched my skin tone, but NO! I was so disappointed because it’s the 1st time with, I didn’t match it well with my skin colour. So, I exchanged the MARQUISE shade and went back to my real shade: MACAO (medium-Dark With yellow undertones ). Now I’m able to review properly what was disturbing me and also review both with honesty:
- It’s a glossy foundation that will make you luminous, which can also be a big asset for some. If you like wearing peachy or gold makeup, you’ll love it!
- As mentioned on the name, it’s a weightless texture and you won’t have to apply it a lot to excel. Also, it’s really smooth to wear.
- If you have an oily or combination skin, it was made for you! It will perfectly cover your face.
- You can enjoy it up to 8 hours.
- Like me, if you are constantly having to wear and take off your eyeglasses. You will be disappointed about the marks they leave. because of the oily composition.
- The weightless part is not only convenient. It can be removed faster and go everywhere you’ll go, you’ll leave your fingerprints everywhere (door, wall, desk…)
- Not good in the summer since the heat melts the foundation.
- You’ll constantly need to work on it with a powder to mattify a bit of your face. So, don’t forget your powder in your handbag.
- ‘Longwear’ Yes! It can take up to 12 hours. From 7am to 7pm, my face stays intact. I don’t need to reapply.
- Matte and natural. It’s so pleasant to wear something without realizing. The foundation melts on your face. The matte feature is interesting because you can do any makeup that you desire.
- For those who wear eyeglasses: Good news! No more big-oily marks around your eyes and nose.
- This time, the dry skin ion the spotlight. We’re often forgotten but this foundation has made for our concerns. 1 to 2 drops are enough for giving you a full coverage.
- and, 20 dark shades available (more than before)
- This foundation is highly concentrated. You only need 2 drops to extend it on your face. You’ll learn how to deal with depending on your imperfections.
- The texture feels deep and sticky when you apply it. I was a little bit concerned about the liquid since it is not creamy or moisturizing. You definitely should have a moisturizing base before wearing your foundation.
- Actually, ‘radiant’ doesn’t mean ‘luminous’. It’s a matte foundation that will give you a natural and fresh face but to get a luminous face you’ll have to add more details on your face.
I took 1 month to appreciate this new formula that made me skeptical at 1st. The change was difficult. I think the best foundation would be a mix of both. However, when I learned how to deal with the new one, I enjoyed myself! Mostly, since I love wearing nude makeup and always adding some luminous details. Here I’m wearing the M.A.C ‘sweet as cocoa’ powder blush on my ‘MACAO’ NARS Natural Radiant Longwear foundation. For a full coverage, I’m definitely an unconditional NARSissist girl This brand will never continue to amaze me
What about you ? Are you for a luminous or natural face?