Papaya is mainly found in tropical regions: Africa, Latin America and Asia. In Native America, the nickname of papaya is “Guarani” which means who looks like a breast full of milk. By itself, papaya covers a lot of health benefits.
Due to its high content of vitamin C, it is considered as one of the best antioxidants. Papaya contains 64% of vitamin C. It helps to fight against the formation of toxic substances which accelerate the aging of our body. Its vitamin C can boost the immune system which would increase our natural defenses. Papaya is also recommended for people affected by stress, fatigue and winter illnesses (flu, cold, angina…). Rich in vitamin A, papaya is one of the strongest fruit content of carotenoids. Carotenoids are orange and yellow pigments found in fruits and vegetables such as carrot, melon, pumpkin, apricot, yellow peach and papaya. Carotenoids fight against blindness, help to keep a nice even skin tone and elasticity of our skin.
For the past years, papaya became the star of anti-aging. When it’s fermented, papaya is 20 times more effective than vitamin E. The fermented papaya is a discovery made by Pr. Luc Montagnier. Fermented Papaya is the result of the fermentation process of the fruit pulp up to 10 months. And then, it’s transformed in powder. After fermentation, papaya boosts the immune system in addition to the antioxidant actions. Fermented Papaya properties have attracted attention of renowned researchers in the world. As a result of these studies, I learnt a new term “oxidative stress” which means external environmental factor like pollution, radiation and food contamination. All those factors would accelerate aging and many diseases that appear with age (cataract, cancer, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, diabetes and all cardiovascular diseases). And the best solution to avoid medications and prevent oxidative stress: Eating papaya!
Papaya is also known for its enzymes, such as papain. Papain is an enzyme which looks like the natural enzymes produced by our stomach. Papain aids to digestion and relieves constipation. In addition, papain would reduce allergic symptoms especially in case of indigestion, heartburn and pancreatic insufficiency. Also rich in minerals, dominated by potassium (more than 200mg per 100g of papaya), with a presence of calcium (20mg per 100g) and magnesium (13mg per 100g). Papaya is ranked in the top 5 natural fruits fat burners. Thanks to its Vitamin C and digestive action, papaya helps to lose weight. And the best is the potassium content which gives it a diuretic action helpful in weight loss. Otherwise, papaya contains dietary fibers which accelerate the cellulite localized in the hips, stomach and buttocks.
Grandmother’s recipes in the world:
- You can make papaya mask and apply it on your black dots to get a lustrous complexion. Crush a papaya pulp and apply on your face avoiding the eyes and mouth for 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. If you have sensitive and dry skin, apply only on the affected areas.
- Use papaya seeds to kill intestinal worms or other parasites. Swallow 5 papaya seeds with a glass of water, during meals (3 times a day). For intestinal problems, papaya will be helpful in juice form.
- To heal a wound, Peruvian lay papaya leaves on an open wound and keep it cover until the wound cicatrize.
- On Reunion Island, the milky sap also named “papaya latex” is used to remove acne, eczema, scabs and freckles.
- In Asia, some people will use the crushed green papaya by applying it on the face to revitalize the skin tone and destroy melanic blemishes (brown spots). Rinse after 20 minutes. Be careful with eyes!
My papaya tips:
- For burning fat and cleaning my body, I used to do one week of detox treatment. I keep papaya at room temperature until maturity. I often need 2 big papayas for 1 week. I eat my papaya, in the morning without any food. I make smoothies, with papaya seeds, lemon juice and sometimes honey. I blend papaya seeds to lose belly fat. I do it once every quarter. I think it’s enough! Every morning, you should stay at home because it has a diuretic action. You will lose fat on the abdominal area. Once your treatment is completed, you will have a high vitamin C content that will reflect by your healthy glow and radiant complexion.
- If you want to regularize your menstrual cycle, eat papaya!
- My mom suffers from eye diseases. She eats papaya to promote her healthy eyes and reduce her eye strain. 1 week a month, she eats her papaya as a prescription. She claims to have avoided the worst thanks to the papaya.
- I use papaya in many forms. I eat in my mixed salads, in my smoothies, in my fruit salads. I also tried papaya leaf herbal tea to fight water retention.
- Last year, I saw papaya soap in my organic store but I have not tried yet. I’m tempted 💡
For those who would like to know the effects of fermented papaya. Here is two fermented papaya products, 100% natural and proven:
. “Stimuline Extra” fermented papaya concentrate
. “Immun‘Âge produced exclusively in Japan (but available online)
There are a multitude of papaya products available online or in organic stores. Make of papaya your greatest ally…