Let’s stop lying to ourself! Telling that you want switch to natural hair is not easy. Curly hair simply means tangled hair. And when you have a tangled hair, you need to start a good routine before getting discouraged. For fast and efficient results, read my following tips which (I hope) will meet your expectations:
1) Do not hurry up to have long hair (about challenge or miracle pills). That should not be an obsession. Before having a good growth, your hair need to be made healthy again. So take your time. You will more appreciate how your hair will become.
2) Most Black women suffer anemia. There are many anemia types but here, what matters are: Iron deficiency anemia which happens when you don’t have enough iron in your body and Vitamin-deficiency anemia which may result from low levels of Vitamin B12, usually due to poor dietary intake. So, before starting a hair routine, please ‘Do a check-up’, a blood test to check if you have any deficiency or hormonal disorders. Make sure to have enough iron and Vitamin B12.
3) Healthy begins on your plate. Eating fresh will give you healthy hair and full of vitality.
4) Don’t keep your hairstyle (braids, weaves, crochet braids, etc…) more than 4 weeks. When you have a hairstyle, use Castor oil or Grape seed oil to prevent damaged hair and grow your hair. Always sleep with a scarf.
6) If you want a fast grown hair. I recommand you to shampoo with mineral or spring water. Most of the time, tap water contains limestone and small doses of chemicals products which break and tarnish your hair. You can use tap water but rinse your hair with lemon juice or any vinegar. Lemon juice or unfiltered appel cider vinegar are a perfect hair rinses that will polish your hair and more…
7) Forget the legendary board that advice to stay all night long with your mask or hot hair oil. Do not exceed 30 minutes with hair treatment. Beyond this time, there are no more effects.
8) When you apply a hair care product, always start with the back, it’s the most brittle part of your hair. It needs more attention.
9) Detangle your hair before, during or after shampoo but not too much. When you detangle too much, you will have opposite effects. Learn how to detangle your hair with fingers. 10) You have to cut frequently your hair ends if you want a perfect grown hair.
11) Your ‘Must Have’ should be Coconut oil and Shea butter. There will be essential for your hair. It’s an amazing combination! Your hair will be nourished, relaxed, gentle and easy to handle. I start to detangle my hair with shea butter and I didn’t know that one day my hair could be soft. And when, I discovered Coconut oil, I became addicted to it. Coconut oil is a full oil and really protective for your hair.
12) Do not neglect to visit your hairdresser. It’s important to go to a hair salon. Research a good hair salon specialized in your hair. Even, if you do homemade treatments or hair cares, or you should take advice from a hair professional to know how your hair condition is. In my case, I love go to a hair salon to cut my hair ends and specially to pamper myself. I go every quarter to take care my natural hair.