Girls, summertime is coming! It’s the perfect time to experiment a lot of things. In Summer, taking care of my hair is one of my 1st preoccupation.s In my previous post entitled Tips for dealing with your curly hair, I talked about why it is important to use hair care products of the same brand and collection. So, today, I’m going to suggest 5 best and cheap lines for curly hair. Why? Because starting a curl immersion requires that you’ll try different hair care treatments and it can cost a lot money. So don’t be skeptic, there are affordable and efficient hair care products at your fingertips. I’ve selected for you, 5 curly hair care collections that help you to manage your curls with the best value for money. (Available in all drugstores) But prices can vary depending on where you will buy it. So let’s see:
1) The French Laboratories “Garnier” launches a new hair care collection that suits all hair types. The new Garnier Whole Blends is composed of 5 lines with natural extracts and paraben free. 2 of them are made especially for curly hair. At the top of the list is: the Smoothing Blend from Whole Blends with Cocoa butter and Coconut Oil. It’s my fave. I bought it on sale last week as you can see above. I’m very interested by the blend. I started to apply it 3 days ago and I will use it until the end of July. I used to apply Cocoa butter on my skin but I have never tried it on my hair. The line is composed of the Smoothing shampoo, Smoothing leave-in conditioner, Smoothing conditioner and Smoothing oil. It’s a good blend to nourish your hair and tame frizz and flyaways. Like for your skin, Cocoa Butter is an excellent moisturizering with a high nutrition enriched in Vitamins A1, B1, C, D, E, iron and magnesium. It opens the flow of sebum in your scalp and stimulates your hair growth. What’s the big advantage: it smells good “cocoa evasion”. At the meantime, Coconut oil will restore, moisture and repair your hair. Know that Coconut oil is the only oil that reduces protein loss (protein loss causes breakage and dryness). Products range from $4 to $8.
2) We know how Dove is recognized i considering differences. The new Dove campaign decided to celebrate Curly hair! In 2015, Dove launched “Love your curls” a campaign to help curly-haired girls cherish their curls. Their newcomer is a hair care collection specially formulated for curly hair: the ‘Quench Absolute’. Because our curls are mostly dry and unmanageable, Dove creates a creamy nourishing and smoothing formula mainly with Omega 9 and Buriti oil. Buriti oil is extracted from the Buriti fruit found in the Amazon forest. Buriti oil contains fatty acids, beta-carotene and vitamins that will nourish your hair from the inside and out for softer hair. Dove guarantees to get 72 hours manageability on your curls and nourish 4X better. The line includes the shampoo, conditioner, cream serum, restoration mask and detangler. Each for $7 or $8!
3) My number 3 also comes from Whole Blends collection. It’s the Nourishing Blend with Avocado oil and Shea Butter. Avocado oil will deeply hydrate and restore your hair while Shea butter will nourish and replenish it by giving them a smooth texture. Garnier ensures that ‘all ingredients are purchased fairly and sustainably to support local farmers & communities’. This line is really cheap and so interesting. For $20, you can get all products from this line. The Nourishing Blend includes the Nourishing conditioner C$5; the Nourishing shampoo C$5 and the Nourishing rinse-out mask C$8.
4) Last week, I received an email from Curly Crown Canada about the official launching of the Curly Hair Subscription Box only for Canadian Curly girls. Curly Crown Canada is a community founded to learn more about curly hair and how to appreciate your curls. We know how it’s discouraging to manage curly hair. Curly Crown Canada’s philosophy meets my opinion: “Curly Crown Canada is dedicated to keeping your costs low and increasing your access to curly hair products by helping you discover growing Canadian and International brands.” So, how it works ? By subscribing, you’ll receive your Curly Crown box, monthly with 3-5 products for all curl types. Then, you’ll test it until you find your fit. How much is it? They have 2 boxes, one with sample for C$20,95 and one with full size for C$43.95. By becoming a member of this community, you will be offered a good and cheap opportunity to have access to professional products at low-price and more helpful advice for your hair treatment. To see more, take a look at http://www.curlycrowncanada.com/
5) The TRESemmé Flawless Curls® has an ideal collection for all curly hair. It’s a hydration formula with Vitamin B1. This formula will redefine your curls by making it soft and flawless. The collection is comprised of the shampoo, which will hydrate and soften your curls, the Conditioner which will detangle and tame your frizz to get soft curls, and the Extra Hold Mousse before hairstyle which will make your curls manageable. For more hairstyle you have the Locking finished Spray, Enhancing mousse and the Gel. Prices range between C$4 to $16.
Currently, I think it’s the best deal available on the market. Of course, you can find better but it will take a long time because there are tons of collections so, you will have to try too many products before finding your fit. Curly hair is classified in 7 types. Just remember all curly hair need more hydration, so you should consider the dryness of your curls. And finally, your hair will need a specific treatment. But don’t think you need many products, just make sure to get your essentials. Taking 4 weeks to use the same brand and collection will get you optimal results. Feel free to leave a comment
Gorgeous hair is your best revenge.